[Xymon] fresh install xymon shows exe contents on screen

Adam Goryachev adam at websitemanagers.com.au
Wed Jul 14 06:20:57 CEST 2021

Hi,

This is an apache issue (or www server, whichever one you are using).
You need to tell it that this directory only contains scripts which
should be run to produce the output instead of just display the content.

A quick google pointed me here, which looks like it should contain the
info you need to fix it:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14792978/perl-apache-perl-script-displayed-as-plain-text

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Adam

On 14/7/21 07:55, oei at zeelandnet.nl wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After a fresh install xymon 4.3.30 on a new server (ubuntu 20.04 ) the
> website shows up.
>
> When I use a link to a html file on the server there is no problem
> (allnongreen view, main view)
>
> If the link uses the cgi folders then the screen is filled with (I
> Think) the contents of an excutable.
>
> Starting with the text ELF…
>
> I can’t find errors in the apache2 logs and also the xymon logfiles
> shows nothing to work with.
>
> Where should I look to fix this.
>
> I want to migrate my current hobbit configuration from a centos 7
> machine to this one
>
> Thanks

Adam Goryachev
Website Managers