[Xymon] A few patches to improve SNMP data collection

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Thu Jul 1 10:02:12 CEST 2021

Brian

Thanks for your work on this. Hopefully your patches will make it to
mainline source.

A question about the patch for graphs.cfg. The RRD files I have named
ifmib.<ifname>.rrd all have InOctets and InUcastPkts. I think these are
created by Devmon. I would think that most deployments using SNMP with
Xymon use devmon for this, so there may be a lot of RRD files using the
pre-patched version of the [ifmib] section from graphs.cfg, and their
presentation would break if your patch was applied. I wonder if it's a
better idea to patch snmpmibs.cfg to use inOctets instead of ifInOctets,
etc, and maintain compatibility with devmon.

Cheers
Jeremy