[Xymon] xymon 4.3.30 on raspbian 10 and support for SSLv3

Becker Christian christian.becker at rhein-zeitung.net
Tue Jan 26 13:25:53 CET 2021

Hello,

i've installed xymon 4.3.30 on a raspberry pi 3 running Raspbian 10.

This is probably not the best selection of an operating system for running xymon since i'm missing openssl-devel , and i cant't find it for Raspbian 10.
I've installed libssl-dev and libssl1.0-dev, but during my configure command before compiling xymon it says

Checking for OpenSSL ...
Compiling with SSL library works OK
Linking with SSL library works OK
Checking if your SSL library has SSLv2 enabled
SSLv2 support disabled (dont worry, all systems should use SSLv1 or TLS)
Checking if your SSL library has SSLv3 enabled
SSLv3 support disabled (dont worry, all systems should use SSLv1 or TLS)

And this is the reason why i cannot do any https check in xymon (i get a "Bad Request" on a https check and therefore the sslcert check doesn't work).

Any idea on how to get openssl-devel installed?

Greetings
Christian