[Xymon] XYMON client config files

IO Support support at ionetworkadmin.com
Mon Feb 22 16:26:31 CET 2021

*

Ubuntu

Install xymon client from Ubuntu repository

$ sudo apt install xymon-client

Debiun

Install xymon client from Debiun repository

NOTE: this is called xymon but older versions may use the name ‘hobbit’
instead.

$ sudo apt install xymon-client

or

$ sudo aptitude install xymon-client

FreeBSD

Install xymon client from FreeBSD repository

$ pkg install pkg

$ pkg install xymon-client

You should be asked for the Xymon Server name or IP.  If not then
configure it manually in 2 config files.
NOTE: this setting is defined in the following locations depending on
the OS type.

Ubuntu:
*/etc/default/xymon-client*  (this is the main setting that sticks after
a reboot. You can also define any client name you want to match the
server’s hosts file)
*/var/run/xymon/bbdisp-runtime.cfg*  (this is the running setting that
after a reboot changes back to what’s defined in the previous config)

Debiun:
*/etc/default/hobbit-client*  (main setting that sticks)
*/var/run/hobbit/bbdisp-runtime.cfg*  (running setting, may change after
reboot)

FreeBSD:
*/usr/local/www/xymon/client/etc/xymonclient.cfg*

--------------------------
Server’s Hosts file:
***You should see the new client show up in the Ghost Clients list after
a few min.
*Add the new client to the server’s *hosts.cfg* file.

*

Thank You,
Systems Admin
I/O Network Administration