[Xymon] ACKCODE resets on recover

Lawson, Kenneth Kenneth.Lawson at fosterfarms.com
Mon Feb 8 23:26:42 CET 2021

Hello Everyone,

I would greatly appreciate it anyone might have some insite. I have setup a python script that through alerts.cfg "SCRIPT", will create incidents/events in PagerDuty. This works as expected and I can pass the ACKCODE and BBNUMERIC in place of a key for the incidents for lookups later. There is a similar process that can be used to resolve those incidents as well, and there is where I am trying to use ACKCODE and/or BBNUMERIC as a means for a key in PagerDuty for find their incident IDs. The issue is that the ACKCODE that is used by Xymon for the initial alert is set to zero when the alert has recovered. Is there a way to change this behavior to send the original ACKCODE or BBNUMERIC code in the recovered alert?

Thanks
-Ken Lawson

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this electronic e-mail and any accompanying attachment(s) is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and is non- public in nature and should be considered confidential. If any reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, disclosure, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from your system and promptly destroy any copies made of this electronic message.