[Xymon] RRD change from 5 minutes to 1 minute

Scot Kreienkamp Scot.Kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com
Wed Sep 23 05:25:22 CEST 2020

Hi Ralph,

The documentation is wrong.  I ended up figuring it out after several hours of trial and error.  It shows -s 60 should work but the code doesn’t account for the space.  It MUST be -s60 (without the space) or it will error out every time.  I ended up adding RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:3000 to the existing default config which should cover slightly more than two days worth of 1 minute datapoints.  That will give the 2 day graphs the detailed resolution I want to see, beyond 2 days the existing config is ok.  And yes, you’re right about the existing data.  I had to delete all my RRD’s and let xymon create them again and start populating them from scratch.  I tried to do the RRD export and import but the changes resulted in an RRD that had no data anyway, so I just went the delete them all route.  So far I have 24 hours of data.  When I get past 48 hours I should know if there are any repercussions, but since I haven’t modified the existing RRA’s I don’t expect any.

Hopefully this will help someone else.

Scot Kreienkamp | Senior Systems Engineer | La-Z-Boy Corporate
One La-Z-Boy Drive | Monroe, Michigan 48162 | • 734-384-6403 | |  • 1-734-915-1444  | • Scot.Kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com