[Xymon] Compiling xymon client on Solaris 5.8

KING, KEVIN KK1051 at att.com
Wed May 6 14:28:11 CEST 2020

Hopefully some of you old-timers can remember better than I.  I have a solaris 5.8 that I am trying to compile a xymon client for. I have tried the current and 2 older versions. I get the same error. I did go back and check my notes and the issue I saw 10 years ago is commented in the sunOs client build file.
So I am sure something in my environment is wrong.  Can I get a few eyes on this output from the make step and see if you can get me in the right direction?  In all compiling a client should not need anything other than the configure client and make.  Or if someone has a compiled client for sparc on solaris 5.8?  :)

Thanks xymoners.

bash-2.03$ make -s
Checking for socklen_t
Checking for snprintf
Checking for vsnprintf
Checking for rpc/rpcent.h
Checking for sys/select.h
Checking for u_int32_t typedef
Checking for PATH_MAX definition
Checking for SHUT_RD/WR/RDWR definitions
Checking for strtoll()
Checking for uname
Checking for setenv
config.h created
environ.c: In function `xgetenv':
environ.c:180: warning: implicit declaration of function `setenv'
stackio.c: In function `stackfgets':
stackio.c:435: warning: subscript has type `char'
stackio.c:453: warning: subscript has type `char'
In file included from loadhosts.c:348:
loadhosts_file.c: In function `load_hostnames':
loadhosts_file.c:177: warning: subscript has type `char'
setenv                              ../lib/libxymonclient.a(environ-client.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ../client/xymon
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../client/xymon] Error 1
make: *** [common-client] Error 2

Kevin H. King