[Xymon] XymonPSclient 2.41 xymonlog purple

Timothy Williams tlwilliams4 at vcu.edu
Fri Mar 27 13:35:05 CET 2020

Personally, I love having that file available. I use it to troubleshoot
issues with the client and/or transmission. for example, I was able to
determine that several servers were loading all of the network connection
data, so I helped create the new port: keyword to only have listening ports
sent. The file was so big it overran the buffers setting on the Xymon
server, causing truncating of data. I also use the 'servicecheck' function.
Only this log file shows whether the identified services are running, and
status if client successfully restarts a service, without waiting for that
Alerts to clear. (I also helped create the maintenance window analog of
'noservicecheck').
Lastly, I believe that the file is overwritten on Xymon each time it is
sent, so it does not use up a lot of space cluttering up the server. Others
familiar with the server end may have to correct that assumption.

*Timothy L. Williams*