[Xymon] Xymon notes editor install issue

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Thu Mar 26 16:56:12 CET 2020

I assume you
                Checked that /usr/local/xymon/cgi-secure/xymnote_editor.cgi exists and is executable by the user you are trying to run it as? Probably apache?
              What type of file is it? Shell script, perl script, compiled code, php?
                Are all of the dependencies there? Such as perl modules needed for the script?

From: Xymon <xymon-bounces at xymon.com> On Behalf Of Jeff LaSuer
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 10:03 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] Xymon notes editor install issue

All,

    We are attempting to install xymon notes editor, and getting a generic error message and could use assistance in trying to find out what the issue is.

Permission denied: exec of '/usr/local/xymon/cgi-secure/xymnote_editor.cgi failed.

   I appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thank you,

Jeff
This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.