[Xymon] xymon

Jaroslav Kraslan jaroslav.kraslan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 17:19:06 CET 2020

Hi,

I have installed on Linux redhat 7.7   xymon server.
But I am getting error with ssl and I do not know how to go forward.
I spent 2 days to try to solve this problem,
I am new linux admin, and I want to use xymon for monitoring.
Can you give me some hints&tips ?

thank you,

Checking for C-ARES library ...
Compiling with c-ares library works OK
C-ARES version: Found 1.10.0 - OK, require 1.5.1
Linking with c-ares library works OK

Checking for RRDtool ...
Not RRDtool 1.0.x, checking for 1.2.x
Compiling with RRDtool works OK
Linking with RRDtool works OK

*Checking for OpenSSL ...Compiling with SSL library works OK/usr/bin/ld:
cannot find -ltirpccollect2: error: ld returned 1 exit statusmake: ***
[test-link] Error 1Warning: Cannot link with SSL libraryOpenSSL include- or
library-files not found.*
Although you can use Xymon without OpenSSL, you will not
be able to run network tests of SSL-enabled services, e.g. https.
So installing OpenSSL is recommended.
OpenSSL can be found at http://www.openssl.org/

If you have OpenSSL installed, use the "--sslinclude DIR" and "--ssllib DIR"
options to configure to specify where they are.