[Xymon] timediff/clock settings

Robert Tyson rstyson at vcu.edu
Tue Mar 3 21:14:50 CET 2020

We want to receive alerts from the timediff and clock tests, but are
running into problems getting them to do so.  Right now, we've only
experimented with timediff.  We've searched for information, but could only
find a few sparse references.  According to what we've found, we should be
able to enter the following in the analysis.cfg file and receive alerts:

HOST=Server (or PAGE=page name, if doing a whole page)
TIMEDIFF 15 red (for windows)
or
CLOCK 15 red (for linux)

For the windows server we were testing on, we tried:

HOST=Server
TIMEDIFF 15 red

HOST=Server
timediff 15 red

HOST=Server
Timediff 15 red

HOST=Server
TIMEDIFF 15 COLOR=red

HOST=Server
TIMEDIFF CLOCK 15 red

All with no results.  We haven't tried CLOCK on a Linux system yet.  Could
someone make a recommendation, or point us to some documentation for this?