[Xymon] mq.sh script

Neil Simmonds neilsimmonds1808 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 15:58:03 CEST 2020

I've already tried running it with a set -x in the script and get the
following in the log,

+ rm /xymon/client/tmp/mq-server_name.11677
+ TMPFILE=/xymon/client/tmp/mq-server_name.11684
+ touch /xymon/client/tmp/mq-server_name.11684
+ echo 'client server_name.mqcollect mqcollect'
+ '[' 1 '!=' 0 ']'
+ QMGR=PPIM01
+ shift
+ sudo -u mqm mqsc PPIM01 'display qstatus(*) curdepth msgage lgetdate
lgettime'
+ '[' 0 '!=' 0 ']'
+ /xymon/client/bin/xymon ukclamon01 @
log:/opt/IBM/MDMPIM/logs/workflowengine_server_name/db_manager.log:10240
log:`find -L /opt/IBM/MDMPIM/logs/\w*server_name/\w*.log -maxdepth 1  -type
f ! -size 0`:10240
log:/applogs/mdmpim/logs/appsvr_server_name/default.log:10240
log:/opt/IBM/MDMPIM/logs/workflowengine_server_name/customegl.log:20480
log:/opt/IBM/MDMPIM/logs/workflowengine_server_name/default.log:20480
ignore INFO
trigger internal error
file:`find /applogs/mdmpim/dump -name *.txt`
file:`find /applogs/mdmpim/dump -name *.phd``

>From there I can see that it appears to be the line that sends the message
to Xymon that's doing it but U can't see why.

The line in question is underlined and BOLD below (copied the whole script
for context)

TMPFILE="$XYMONTMP/mq-$MACHINE.$$"

touch $TMPFILE

echo "client $MACHINE.mqcollect mqcollect" >$TMPFILE

#
while [ $# != 0 ]
do
    QMGR=$1; shift
    sudo -u mqm mqsc $QMGR 'display qstatus(*) curdepth msgage lgetdate
lgettime' >> $TMPFILE
    ##(echo 'dis ql(*) curdepth'; echo 'dis chs(*)'; echo 'end') | su - mqm
-c "runmqsc $QMGR" >> $TMPFILE
done
#

*$XYMON $XYMSRV "@" < $TMPFILE*