[Xymon] Alert for WHO column possible?

Mark Rankin mark-rankin at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 20 23:59:21 CEST 2020

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply. I negated to mention I was wanting to monitor this for windows servers reporting back using bbwin.

However thanks for the script and info!

Kind Regards,
Mark.

On 21 Jul 2020, at 01:40, Rothlisberger, John R. <john.r.rothlisberger at accenture.com> wrote:

Here is a simple script I use for Linux servers run from cron.  It goes green when someone logs in and is clear otherwise.  It could be easily updated to alert when a particular user logs in.

#!/bin/bash

HOST=`hostname`
XYMONSERVERIP=`grep ^XYMONSERVERIP= /home/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg|awk -F\" '{print $2}'`
XYMON=/home/xymon/server/bin/xymon
XYTEST="who"
TMPFILE=/home/xymon/tmp/who_login

for x in `/home/xymon/server/bin/xymon $XYMONSERVERIP xymondboard|grep \|inode\||awk -F\| '{print $1}'|sort -u`
do
echo "

Who is logged in:
" >$TMPFILE

   /home/xymon/server/bin/xymon $XYMONSERVERIP "clientlog $x section=who"|tail -n +2 >>$TMPFILE
   TEST=`/home/xymon/server/bin/xymon $XYMONSERVERIP "clientlog $x section=who"|tail -n +2|wc -l`
   echo " " >>$TMPFILE
   echo "Data above is retrieved from the script $0 on $HOST." >>$TMPFILE
   if [ "$TEST" -gt "0" ];then
      $XYMON $XYMONSERVERIP "status+60m ${x}.${XYTEST} green `date` `cat $TMPFILE`"
   else
      $XYMON $XYMONSERVERIP "status+60m ${x}.${XYTEST} clear `date` `cat $TMPFILE`"
   fi
done

Thanks,
John