[Xymon] New Xymon Server email

Kris Springer kspringer at innovateteam.com
Fri Jan 10 20:30:16 CET 2020

I've just spent half my day attempting to get Postfix to function,
without success.   My ISP blocks port 25, so I've attempted to setup the
TLS relay to my SMTP host, but that doesn't work either.  Gone are the
days of just editing a few configs and then everything works.  I've read
more how-to's than I want to count, and none actually work.  If Xymon
has 'alerts' built-in shouldn't it roll in an actual email relay tool
that users can enter their basic SMTP server credentials and it just
works?  Can someone offer some sane assistance please?  I'm beating my
head against the wall at this point.

Kris Springer