[Xymon] Monitoring folder size, without saveing the whole folder structure

Kim Johansen hobbit at weiser.dk
Fri Dec 4 21:34:04 CET 2020

Hi,

I have a backup folder which I monitor the folder size of.
I do that by using the DIR configuration and a TRACK tag, which is working
fine.

But every time the client reports in it includes the whole folder
structure under the folder I monitor which is big, so the "Client data"
file is big and take up a lot space on the server.

So what is the best way to avoid that?

I have a couple of suggestions, but others are mostly welcome:
1. Set a cron job to delete the files when they are certain age.
2. Maybe some configuration on the DIR command which stop it from sending
the sub folders.
3. create a custom script which send the size of the folder I want to
monitor.

Thanks,
Kim