[Xymon] Migrating to new server + Xymon version - want to preserve data

Dirk Kastens dirk.kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Tue Dec 1 09:21:34 CET 2020

Hi Carl,

I just did this with a new server. From the old server, I did

# rsync -avh /var/lib/xymon/ new.server:/var/lib/xymon
# rsync -avh /usr/share/xymon/ new.server:/usr/share/xymon
# rsync -avh /etc/xymon/ new.server:/etc/xymon
# scp /etc/httpd/conf.d/xymon.conf new.server:/etc/httpd/conf.d

You have to change the server's hostname in xymonserver.cfg on the new
server. But after that, everything should run.