[Xymon] grown tests not alerting every 5 minutes

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Thu Aug 20 05:30:03 CEST 2020

Rod

It's my experience that the conn test does not repeat every 5 minutes under
normal circumstances. And this is the behaviour I'd prefer to see for all
of my alerts. Once I see the first alert, I know whether I need to take
action, and until the recovery message comes through, there isn't much
benefit in being informed of something I already know.

Unless you specify REPEAT in your alerts.cfg, you should get an email every
30 minutes. This is how alerts for the conn test would behave on a default
installation. But you can specify REPEAT to be whatever you need. For more
on REPEAT keyword, refer to the man page for alerts.cfg
<https://xymon.sourceforge.io/xymon/help/manpages/man5/alerts.cfg.5.html>,
and the help page on Configuring Xymon Alerts
<https://xymon.sourceforge.io/xymon/help/xymon-alerts.html>.

Cheers
Jeremy