[Xymon] Xymon 4.3.30 Released

Ralph M ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 06:21:24 CEST 2020

I think direct SSL wrapping is what I need, thanks.

Would it be unreasonable to suggest that the SSL setup, decryption, etc be
offloaded to a standalone program that then delivers the message to the
core daemon in the same manner as cgimsg?  I'd like to get Apache out of
the loop, and just have an SSL-enabled message receiver funneling status
messages to the core daemon.

The problem I've been living with is, I have a bunch of near-identical
clients that all reboot at 1:30am to deal with a memory-leaking Java
program.  This means that their Xymon clients all start up at pretty much
the same time and deliver messages fairly close together.  From time to
time a message storm prevents some clients getting through, and sometimes
it seems like status messages are being merged.  At least, I get clients
reporting filesystems they don't have, and graphs that shows max values
equal to the lifetime of the Universe measured in femtoseconds...

Ralph Mitchell