[Xymon] upgrade recommendations

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Thu Aug 13 13:02:02 CEST 2020

e.g. like this

#!/bin/sh
#There was one gotcha that took us some time: the language variables on
#the two machines were set to different values and our restored rrds
#got mangled with wrong min/max values. To avoid this you can simply
#set the LANG Variable when dumping and restoring. We used the
#following commands:

#on the old machine:
#cd /usr/lib/xymon/server/data/rrd
for i in `find /usr/lib/xymon/server/data/rrd -type f -name "*.rrd"`;do
LANG=C rrdtool dump "$i" /mnt"$i.xml";done

#transfer the xml files to the new machine
#
#on the new machine:
#cd /var/lib/xymon/rrd && for i in `find ./ -type f -name "*.rrd.xml"`;
#do LANG=C rrdtool restore "$i" ${i%.xml};done