[Xymon] client on a sever config?

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 18:37:48 CEST 2019

You could probably run both client and server configurations simultaneously, but that's not efficient.

So those entries end up in the server portion's etc/tasks.cfg (instead of in clientlaunch.cfg as on all other clients). Here's a couple of custom entries I have there, the first for a server side ext (monitoring some smart plugs) the 2nd for a client side volume management ext to run on the server.  Note the different environment variables, esp XYMONHOME (server side ext) vs XYMONCLIENTHOME (client side ext)

[devstat]
        ENVFILE $XYMONHOME/etc/xymonserver.cfg
        CMD $XYMONHOME/ext/devstat
        LOGFILE $XYMONSERVERLOGS/devstat.log
        INTERVAL 5m
[volmgt]
        ENVFILE $XYMONCLIENTHOME/etc/xymonclient.cfg
        NEEDS xymond
        CMD $XYMONCLIENTHOME/ext/volmgt
        LOGFILE $XYMONCLIENTHOME/logs/volmgt.log
        INTERVAL 5m