[Xymon] [External] Re: can I put enadis into debug mode?

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Mon Sep 16 16:03:02 CEST 2019

On 9/13/2019 3:55 AM, Beck, Zak wrote:
> Hi JC
>
> Maybe I'm misreading it, but to me it looks like XYMONWEBHOST is only used if HTTP_HOST is not available, and in John's case, HTTP_HOST is available...
>
> lib/cgi.c:305
> httphost = getenv("HTTP_HOST");
> if (!httphost) {
> if (strcmp(xgetenv("XYMONWEBHOST"), "http://localhost") != 0) {

Ahh... Yes, my mistake, indeed I did misread this.

I suppose this covers the situation where the CGI is tested on the
command line without a full CGI call, but it does feel a bit odd here.

John: Is the load balancer making an HTTP call directly to the backend
by IP or is it still sending the original Host: header in the traffic?

-jc