[Xymon] Multiple graphs on one web page - not being shown

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Thu May 23 18:37:00 CEST 2019

Hi,

Using the Terabithia RPMs I have created a custom test called 'es' (it's for
some stats from an elasticsearch search engine). I created a client-side script
to gather the current status and data for the graphs.

The 'status' message gets sent okay, and an 'es' column is created and the web
page shows a one-line summary of the search engine - e.g. 'It's fine', 'It's
not fine' etc. It changes colour depending on the colour being sent by the
client-side script. This works too.

The 'data' message from the script is also sent okay, and has created 3 RRD
files for the host. These are named 'es_heap.rrd', 'es_rates.rrd' and
'es_latency.rrd'. The values within them are being updated, and if I use a
crafted URL (using showgraph.sh) I can see that graphs for them are valid.

However, what I wanted was all 3 graphs to appear on the 'es' status page.
I have added 'es' as a test name to the hosts in the 'hosts.cfg' file. I have
also added 'es' to the TEST2RRD definition, but I'm not sure that is needed in
this case. I have also added 'GRAPHS_es="es-rates,es-latency,es-heap"' to the
'xymonserver.cfg' file. Within the 'graphs.cfg' file I have created the 3 graph
definitions using the 'GRAPHS_es' names.

For some reason though the graphs do not appear. We have several custom tests
which produce a single graph, but this is the first where we want more than one
graph shown.

Anyone any ideas about this?

As said, the RRD files are created and updated, using a browser I can see the
graphs so the definitions are fine. The 'es' status page shows no broken graph
link, it just shows the text I expect and then the usual 'Status unchanged'
message. Just no graphs.

Thanks,

John.

--
John Horne | Senior Operations Analyst | Technology and Information Services
University of Plymouth | Drake Circus | Plymouth | Devon | PL4 8AA | UK

This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient then copying, distribution or other use of the information contained is strictly prohibited and you should not rely on it. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know immediately and delete it from your system(s). Internet emails are not necessarily secure. While we take every care, University of Plymouth accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan emails and their attachments. University of Plymouth does not accept responsibility for any changes made after it was sent. Nothing in this email or its attachments constitutes an order for goods or services unless accompanied by an official order form.