[Xymon] DS override - can't get to work

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Fri May 17 17:26:26 CEST 2019

On 5/17/2019 7:59 AM, John Horne wrote:
> On Fri, 2019-05-17 at 13:23 +0000, John Horne wrote:
>> I'm wondering if the fact that we are using
>> 'httpstatus;httpsch://weed.plymouth.ac.uk/;"^[23]";"^[^23]"' for the test is
>> causing a problem.
>>
>> If I can I'll take a look at the code later on, but to be honest I'm a bit
>> stumped by this.
>>
> I changed the httpstatus check to just 'httpstatus;http://...'. I adjusted the
> filename in the analysis.cfg file too. Seems to have made no difference though.
>
> I ran xymond with the '--debug' option, but again could not see anything
> relevant about the DS.
>
> Now trying to find out where all this happens in the code... :-(

Can you run xymond_rrd with --debug mode? Specifically, the one reading
from the "status" channel.

This is responsible for taking the incoming data point and turning it
into a "modify" message, so if there's a parsing problem it should show
up either at the time of the http message receipt or on initial load as
it's importing the rules to begin with.

If a "modify" message is properly being sent out, then it's possible the
host+svc combination it's being tagged with is incorrect.

-jc