[Xymon] Plan for XYMON and SNMP

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Fri May 17 07:45:08 CEST 2019

Not sure what that will give you. The OIDs are extracted from the file
snmpmibs.conf, and I expect you'll have to populate that with anything you
want to monitor.

One thing I forgot to mention is that you need to create a task to run the
xymon-snmpcollect program every 5 minutes. I created a
tasks.d/xymon-snmpcollect.cfg file containing the following:

[snmpcollect]
        ENVFILE $XYMONHOME/etc/xymonserver.cfg
        CMD $XYMONHOME/ext/xymon-snmpcollect --debug
        LOGFILE $XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymon-snmpcollect.log
        INTERVAL 5m

Obviously the --debug flag can be removed.