[Xymon] Alternate devmon SNMP

Bruno Manzoni bruno.manzoni at ubi-network.ch
Fri May 10 08:37:46 CEST 2019

Bruce,

>As a long time user of devmon, I'd be fascinated to see an enumeration
of the bugs, features, patches etc in your repo.
Di you have a look te the README?

>One of the biggest "bugs" I've seen, and I haven't had time to chase it
down is that over time devmon seems to leak memory like a sieve,
becoming quite bloated.  I run a cron job to kill (yes kill -9 ) and
restart it every four hours... Not under systemd.
I have the same problem: I suspect a problem with the snmp polling lib
or decoding process....*.Can you create an issue for that point on github ?*

>Personally, I'll avoid systemd like the plague, however I'd think those
modifications should be called out and isolated as well...
I dont like Systemd very much, but I decided to work by now with
centos....and these modifications are isolated scripts
(devmon/extra/centos folder), but it is just to inform that something
exists as Xymon as a Terabithia version hah to work with linux dsitrib
that use systemd: But devmon should continue to work with any linux
distrib.

And thanks for this feedback!

Le 09.05.2019 à 16:17, Bruce Ferrell a écrit :

Bruno,

As a long time user of devmon, I'd be fascinated to see an enumeration
of the bugs, features, patches etc in your repo.

One of the biggest "bugs" I've seen, and I haven't had time to chase it
down is that over time devmon seems to leak memory like a sieve,
becoming quite bloated.  I run a cron job to kill (yes kill -9 ) and
restart it every four hours... Not under systemd.

Personally, I'll avoid systemd like the plague, however I'd think those
modifications should be called out and isolated as well... Especially
considering devmon normally runs as a perl based daemon... At least on
my Scientific linux 6.10 system.