[Xymon] proc test fails

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Thu May 9 15:23:44 CEST 2019

Take a look at the client data.  The very last few lines should like this:

     [clock]
     epoch: 1557407707.455481
     UTC: 2019-05-09 13:15:07 UTC

If not, then the report is being chopped off because it's too big.  There
are a couple of setting in the xymonserver.cfg file:

MAXMSG_STATUS The maximum size of a "status" message in kB, default: 256.
Status messages are the ones that end up as columns on the web display. The
default size should be adequate in most cases, but some extension scripts
can generate very large status messages - close to 1024 kB. You should only
change this if you see messages in the xymond log file about status
messages being truncated.

MAXMSG_CLIENT The maximum size of a "client" message in kB, default: 512.
"client" messages are generated by the Xymon client, and often include
large process-listings. You should only change this if you see messages in
the xymond log file about client messages being truncated.

Ralph Mitchell