[Xymon] Testing Terabithia packages updated to 4.3.29-0.6

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Mon May 6 23:01:50 CEST 2019

On 5/6/2019 12:29 PM, Mike Burger wrote:

> Interestingly, the xymon-client-4.3.27 RPM does NOT require dash:
>
> [mburger at in-pedmmqlx01 ~]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.2 (Maipo)
> [mburger at in-pedmmqlx01 ~]$ rpm -q dash
> package dash is not installed
> [mburger at in-pedmmqlx01 ~]$ rpm -q xymon-client
> xymon-client-4.3.27-1.el7.x86_64

Yep. It's coded as an rpmbuild option flag, so it can be turned on and
off for different distributions. I had turned it on when re-factoring
the spec file after dash had been put into EPEL, but since dash is the
*only* thing in the client package not provided by the
'rhel-7-server-rpms' channel, I'll turn it off for the final RPM build.
(This will also affect the EL7 server package.)

For now, xymon-client can be spot-checked on systems by picking up the
dash RPM from EPEL, either by using the repo itself or just by
installing the RPM directly. It's at:
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/Packages/d/dash-0.5.10.2-1.el7.x86_64.rpm

Regards,
-jc