[Xymon] [EXT] Xymon 4.3.29 scheduling and F30

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Fri May 3 02:05:42 CEST 2019

On 4/30/2019 9:13 AM, Tom Schmidt (tschmidt) wrote:
> Japheth,
>     Regarding the SMTP/SMTPS protocol tests, my patch update changes
> the "mail" command to "helo localhost" to provide the proper greeting
> dialog to the SMTP server.  You can see this yourself easily with the
> telnet command:

My apologies. For some reason, I *completely* misread this one. Looking
back, I know there had been discussion about the SMTP conversation
before, but I can't find a good reason why we weren't sending EHLO at
all, even if we weren't pausing for the response first (technically a
protocol violation).

There's this: https://lists.xymon.com/archive/2005-December/004834.html
but that's about it.

It seems to work fine in testing so far, so I'll go ahead and add this
in. Probably going to go with EHLO, however, so as to return a useful
full list of the destination server's offered features.

Thanks,

-jc