[Xymon] Windows XymonPSClient v2.41
zak.beck at accenture.com
Thu Mar 7 12:36:54 CET 2019
I have committed v2.41 today - bit of a version number jump because we've been testing a number of small fixes internally before releasing.
Download from SVN<https://sourceforge.net/p/xymon/code/HEAD/tree/sandbox/WinPSClient/> (the documentation has been updated also, including uninstall instructions).
* replaced classic event log discovery (Get-EventLog) with Get-WinEvent - this opens up new event logs like Windows Defender etc
* removed [EventLogSummary] section - [msgs:EventLogSummary] works
* incorporated function XymonEventLogs into core event log processing (function XymonMsgs) - this allows the summary to only contain the logs in eventlogswanted
This is the main change, which should not impact but does open up new options. Newer versions of Windows have a new event log format only accessible via Get-WinEvent and there was one place in the code still using the classic commands. This change means you can now specify these new event logs in eventlogswanted, like this:
One side effect of this is that the event log summary now only contains the logs specified in eventlogswanted because there are hundreds of non-classic event logs available on typical installations.
* add different status colour options for XymonSendLog (contributed by Andy Smith <abs at shadymint.com>)
This is the second key change - the idea is to capture the logs when the client is updated (which occurs on a slowscan). The additions to the xymonlogsend directive allow you to change colour on a slow scan and a client restart, which causes a history change in Xymon - this means you can then view the logs from those changes in the Xymon front end using the history options.
Example: xymonlogsend:clear:yellow - send a clear status on a slow scan and a yellow status on a restart - all other logs will be sent with green status.
* XymonLog - fix exception when no files match the given filespec
* add enablediskpart client-local directive so diskpart can be controlled from server
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Xymon