[Xymon] System clock is 153 seconds off

Michael C. Schultheiss mschultheiss at ivytech.edu
Wed Jun 12 04:58:21 CEST 2019

We're getting an alert on one of our systems that the system clock is 153 seconds off yet when we compare the system's time with the Xymon server's time they're functionally identical. Both systems are synched with NTP via chronyd and we're seeing less than 0.00001 seconds difference when we check chrony's status.

What can we check to see why Xymon's thinking the system's 2.5 minutes off?

Michael Schultheiss, RHCSA, RHCE   OIT Administration
Sr. Unix Systems Engineer          Ivy Tech Community College
schultmc at ivytech.edu