rrd data capture and multiple tests with missing data

Boldt, David dboldt at usgs.gov
Tue Jul 30 17:06:40 CEST 2019

In a test defined to store 4 values for graphing I am unable to
arrange for the storage of the available information if
information for any variable is missing.

In many runs of the test not all of the variables will have data.

I've tried:

 * omitting the variables where there are no values
 * listing the variable without data
 * setting the value to NaN for missing data
 * setting the value to a number below the rrd "--minimum" for the variable

In all of these cases no data is stored for the interval if any of the
variables has no data. (Am using NCV parsing of the status.)

I am able to store and graph the data for all 4 variables if I set missing
values to zero, but this provides unsatisfactory looking graphs and
incorrect averages.

xymon version 4.3.28 on CentOS 7.

                                        -- David Boldt
                                            <dboldt at usgs.gov>

    "Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend,
     but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend's
success."
     --Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)