[Xymon] Advanced xymondboard query

Enzo Medina davidenzomedina at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 22:30:45 CET 2019

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I understand now that xymondboard is no meant to present performance data.
So I will have to read the values from RRD files.

Is there a way to have a list that matches services with their associated
rrd files?
For example:
linux04;cpu=/home/xymon/data/rrd/linux04/la.rrd
linux04;memory=/home/xymon/data/rrd/linux04/memory.actual.rrd,/home/xymon/data/rrd/linux04/memory.real.rrd,/home/xymon/data/rrd/linux04/memory.swap.rrd
checkmk;conn=/home/xymon/data/rrd/checkmk/tcp.conn.rrd

Is that information spread in some cfg files?

Kind regards
Enzo

El jue., 31 ene. 2019 a las 16:00, SebA (<spah at syntec.co.uk>) escribió:

> Actually, I should add, you don't necessarily need the source code to the
> service to add ncv collection as that reference suggests - merely a way of
> extracting performance data from it.  You can then write a simple script to
> reformat that as ncv.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> SebA
>

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 at 18:52, SebA <spah at syntec.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> xymondboard is meant for getting summary information suitable for a
>> custom dashboard.  Performance data is not summary information.  To extract
>> data from Xymon it needs to be logged to Xymon in the first place.
>> Services tend to have different ways of extracting performance data (when
>> there is a way), so yes, it is pretty much dependent on each service.
>> However, a lot of services are network server services, so a tcp query may
>> be able to make the service do some work, and the time to respond to that
>> query may infer how quickly the service is able to respond to other
>> queries.  TCP response times are in the rrd files available on the trends
>> status page.  But every service is different, so you are best off checking
>> what is available, or can be built into, or can be monitored via an add-on
>> script, for the specific services you are hoping to see performance data
>> for.  If you can add features to the service (you have the source code),
>> you could make it write ncv to a text file and get those sent to Xymon, or
>> send the data directly from the service.  Ref:
>> http://xymon.sourceforge.net/xymon/help/howtograph.html
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> SebA
>>

>> On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 at 15:15, Enzo Medina <davidenzomedina at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello! I am new to Xymon and I am trying to extract xymon's data from
>>> command line.
>>>
>>> What I need: extract from Xymon list of services with the following
>>> fields:
>>> Host;ServiceName;ServiceStatus,ServicePerfValue(if
>>> applicable);ServiceOutputText
>>> For example:
>>> localhost;bbd;green;;OK - bbd is ok.
>>> localhost;cpu;green;0.23;OK - cpu is ok.
>>> localhost;memory;yellow;0.85;WARNING - memory is 85%.
>>>
>>> So far, I found xymon command and xymondboard subcommand:
>>> # /home/xymon/server/bin/xymon 127.0.0.1 "xymondboard
>>> fields=hostname,testname,color,line1"
>>> checkmk|trends|green|
>>> checkmk|info|green|
>>> checkmk|http|green|green Thu Jan 31 12:09:41 2019: OK
>>> linux04|trends|green|
>>> linux04|info|green|