[Xymon] Advanced xymondboard query

Enzo Medina davidenzomedina at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 16:15:04 CET 2019

Hello! I am new to Xymon and I am trying to extract xymon's data from
command line.

What I need: extract from Xymon list of services with the following fields:
Host;ServiceName;ServiceStatus,ServicePerfValue(if
applicable);ServiceOutputText
For example:
localhost;bbd;green;;OK - bbd is ok.
localhost;cpu;green;0.23;OK - cpu is ok.
localhost;memory;yellow;0.85;WARNING - memory is 85%.

So far, I found xymon command and xymondboard subcommand:
# /home/xymon/server/bin/xymon 127.0.0.1 "xymondboard
fields=hostname,testname,color,line1"
checkmk|trends|green|
checkmk|info|green|
checkmk|http|green|green Thu Jan 31 12:09:41 2019: OK
linux04|trends|green|
linux04|info|green|
linux04|clientlog|green|
linux04|memory|green|green Thu Jan 31 12:09:41 -03 2019 - Memory OK

My problem: I cannot find a way to extract performance data from services.
I tried reading RRD files, but I cannot find a general association rule
between services and rrd files. It seems it is pretty much dependent of
each service.

How is the best way to do this?

Kind regards
Enzo