[Xymon] [External] Xymon WinPSclient uptime bug

Beck, Zak zak.beck at accenture.com
Thu Jan 31 10:42:57 CET 2019

Hi Seb

I can’t replicate this one.

What do you have in analysis.cfg for UP?

UP bootlimit toolonglimit [color]

The cpu status goes yellow/red if the system has been up for less than "bootlimit" time, or longer than "toolonglimit". The time is in minutes, or you can add h/d/w for hours/days/weeks - eg. "2h" for two hours, or "4w" for 4 weeks.

Defaults: bootlimit=1h, toolonglimit=-1 (infinite), color=yellow.

Secondly, on a server where this happens, can you open an administrator powershell prompt and try this:

Stop-Service xymonpsclient
cd "c:\program files\xymon"
.\xymonclient.ps1

And press ctrl-c when you see this line:

2019-01-31 09:24:19  Delaying until next run: 30 seconds

Then open c:\xymon-lastcollect.txt and tell me what you get under [uptime] – here’s an example:

[uptime]
sec: 408029
4 days 17 hours 20 minutes 29 seconds
Bootup: 20190126160344.494100+000

You can then go back to powershell and

Start-Service xymonpsclient

Paths above subject to where you have installed the client.

Thanks

Zak