[Xymon] Configuring the debian xymon client

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Jan 17 02:34:13 CET 2019

On 1/16/2019 4:12 PM, John Thurston wrote:
> On 1/16/2019 2:23 PM, Adam Thorn wrote:
>> The way xymon works is that in the default "central" mode, a script
>> runs periodically on the client which sends data to the "central"
>> server where it's then parsed to generate the various test results.
>> The message sent to the server contains the output of e.g.
>>
>> /usr/lib/xymon/client/bin/xymonclient-linux.sh
. . .

> It looks like I'll need to hack the script, and see how the parser on
> the xymon server reacts.

Which I have done, and I'm getting closer to what I need. It looks like
the parser is ok with missing sections, so I've stripped
xymonclient-linux.sh almost bare. If this works out, I'll probably make
a new script and reference it by overriding the os type.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska