[Xymon] Xymondash issues

Christian Herzog herzog at phys.ethz.ch
Tue Feb 26 07:07:55 CET 2019

Hi John,

xymondash author here. Can you paste the request (or even better, open a
github issue)?

cheers,
-Christian

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 04:07:35PM -0800, John Alexander wrote:
> After more looking around, it appears that xymon-ack is returning a 400 Bad
> Request message.
>
> Using wget to post the message as well as the web console show 400 errors.
> It appears that the 400 is getting generated out of the
> form_is_valid(form_dict) routine in xymon-ack.
>
> Any ideas?  I'm not a python guy by any means.
>
> John A.
>
> On 2/25/2019 12:09, John Alexander wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am having some issues with the Xymondash interface.  Everything works
> > fine - it's properly displaying fault conditions, except that it will
> > not acknowledge or disable alerts.  I only get a pop-up saying "could
> > not acknowledge test"
> >
> > xymon2json works just fine.  I get good json output.
> > xymon-ack gives nothing but a blank screen.  Same with xymon-disable
> >
> > Acknowledging from the xymon "Acknowledge Alert" works fine.
> >
> > Here is my config.ini  - I'm on CentOS 7 so python3 was installed as an
> > addition.

> > # location of xymon executable in your file system
> > XYMONCLI="/home/xymon/server/bin/xymon"
> >
> > # location of ackinfo.sh executable in your file system
> > XYMONACKINFOSH="/home/xymon/cgi-secure/ackinfo.sh"
> >
> > # absolute URL of Xymon's svcstatus
> > XYMONSVCSTATUSURL="http://xymon.imasneezer.com/xymon-cgi/svcstatus" <---
> > should this be svcstatus.sh?
> >
> > # location of Xymon's critical.cfg in your file system (if you have one)
> > CRITICAL="/home/xymon/server/etc/critical.cfg"
> >
> > # relative URL of svcstatus.sh on your monitoring server
> > XYMONURL="/xymon-cgi/svcstatus.sh"
> >
> > # relative URL of xymon-ack on your monitoring server
> > XYMONACKURL="/xymondash/cgi/xymon-ack"
> >
> > # relative URL of xymon-disable on your monitoring server
> > XYMONDISURL="/xymondash/cgi/xymon-disable"
> >
> > # relative URL of xymon2json on your monitoring server
> > XYMONJSONURL="/xymondash/cgi/xymon2json"
> >
> > # host name of xymon server
> > XYMONSERVER="xymon.imasneezer.com"
> >
> > # website title
> > TITLE="Oak Street Medical xymon dashboard"
> >
> > # path to python3 interpreter
> > PYTHON3="/usr/bin/env /opt/rh/rh-python36/root/usr/bin/python3"

Dr. Christian Herzog <herzog at phys.ethz.ch>  support: +41 44 633 26 68
IT Services Group, HPT H 8                    voice: +41 44 633 39 50
Department of Physics, ETH Zurich
8093 Zurich, Switzerland                     http://nic.phys.ethz.ch/