[Xymon] Xymondash issues

John Alexander john.alexander at preachain.org
Mon Feb 25 21:09:40 CET 2019

Hi all,

I am having some issues with the Xymondash interface.  Everything works
fine - it's properly displaying fault conditions, except that it will
not acknowledge or disable alerts.  I only get a pop-up saying "could
not acknowledge test"

xymon2json works just fine.  I get good json output.
xymon-ack gives nothing but a blank screen.  Same with xymon-disable

Acknowledging from the xymon "Acknowledge Alert" works fine.

Here is my config.ini  - I'm on CentOS 7 so python3 was installed as an
addition.

# location of xymon executable in your file system
XYMONCLI="/home/xymon/server/bin/xymon"

# location of ackinfo.sh executable in your file system
XYMONACKINFOSH="/home/xymon/cgi-secure/ackinfo.sh"

# absolute URL of Xymon's svcstatus
XYMONSVCSTATUSURL="http://xymon.imasneezer.com/xymon-cgi/svcstatus" <---
should this be svcstatus.sh?

# location of Xymon's critical.cfg in your file system (if you have one)
CRITICAL="/home/xymon/server/etc/critical.cfg"

# relative URL of svcstatus.sh on your monitoring server
XYMONURL="/xymon-cgi/svcstatus.sh"

# relative URL of xymon-ack on your monitoring server
XYMONACKURL="/xymondash/cgi/xymon-ack"

# relative URL of xymon-disable on your monitoring server
XYMONDISURL="/xymondash/cgi/xymon-disable"

# relative URL of xymon2json on your monitoring server
XYMONJSONURL="/xymondash/cgi/xymon2json"

# host name of xymon server
XYMONSERVER="xymon.imasneezer.com"

# website title
TITLE="Oak Street Medical xymon dashboard"

# path to python3 interpreter
PYTHON3="/usr/bin/env /opt/rh/rh-python36/root/usr/bin/python3"

Any ideas?

John Alexander