[Xymon] hostname change on Xymon server

hobbit at weiser.dk hobbit at weiser.dk
Mon Feb 18 14:58:50 CET 2019

Hi,

I have changed the name on my server hosting Xymon server, a Ubuntu 16.04.
But Xymon server do seem to still use the old hostname:

The old name was "mail1":
- I get ghost report: "127.0.0.1 mail1 mail 0:38", I have shutdown Xymon
client, to isolate that it is coming from the Xymon server.
- the link in alert mails is "http://mail1/xymon-cgi...."
- A "ps" is showing: "sh -c vmstat 300 2
1>/home/xymon/client/tmp/xymon_vmstat.mail1.7997 2>&1; mv
/home/xymon/client/tmp/xymon_vmstat.mail1.7997
/home/xymon/client/tmp/xymon_vmstat.mail1"

Here is what I have done:
- Used hostnamectl to change hostname, but have also being over
/etc/hostname and hosts.
- Changed the host in hosts.cfg in Xymon server.
- Used the 'xymon 127.0.0.1 "rename OLDHOSTNAME NEWHOSTNAME"'
- I have deleted the old make file and run make clean, and configured,
build, and installed all over again.
- I have search for mail1 string in Xymon folder, and found nothing.

My gold is to have the right URL in the alert mails. But it is also
annoying me what I have done wrong...

Regards,
Kim Johansen