[Xymon] [EXCH Prio5]R: [EXCH Prio5]Re: History broken after cleaning up old data with trimhistory

Alessandro Tinivelli Alessandro.Tinivelli at faacgroup.com
Thu Feb 7 09:35:33 CET 2019

Thank you very much Galen and Ralph: i let trimhistory run again with sudo –u xymon…..
It seems to have solved the problem.

You saved me a lot of troubles ;-)
Alessandro

--
I've had that too.  For me, it came down to running trimhistory as root rather than as the xymon user.

Trimhistory creates a new file, reads through the old file and copies the records you want to keep, then throws away the old file.  The new file is owned by the user running the command, in my case, root.

Ralph Mitchell