[Xymon] [External] Xymon WinPSclient uptime bug

SebA spah at syntec.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 18:05:33 CET 2019

Hi Zak,

I can reproduce this in v.2.28 and the latest v2.34 on this server, and
judging by the time on the Xymon server the uptime message (which has a
timestamp of 16:26:38) is sent during the following message:

2019-02-01 16:26:38  Sending output for procruntime
2019-02-01 16:26:38  Using ASCII encoding
2019-02-01 16:26:38  Connecting to host x.x.x.x
2019-02-01 16:26:39  Sent 96 bytes to server
2019-02-01 16:26:39  Received 0 bytes from server

The uptime in c:\xymon-lastcollect.txt is correct when I follow the
procedure you described, but I think that may be calculated later:

2019-02-01 16:26:39  Sending to server
2019-02-01 16:26:39  Using ASCII encoding
2019-02-01 16:26:40  Connecting to host x.x.x.x
2019-02-01 16:26:40  Sent 912722 bytes to server
2019-02-01 16:26:40  Received 578 bytes from server

>From the above xymon-lastcollect.txt:

[date]
Fri 01 Feb 16:26:39 2019

-------------

That log was from v.2.28.  I think tried with v2.34 and it had the same
behaviour but the time on the Xymon server for the uptime report was 25
seconds before I manually ran the xymonclient.ps1 script.  However, there
was no other way it could have been reported to the server and time of the
servers are in sync.  So, I don't know how that happened unless it is using
the time from a file that it is sending using externaldatalocation - except
those files don't have seconds in the time.  They are sent earlier than the
main report though.

Kind regards,

SebA