[Xymon] dialup setting disables all alerts

Kris Springer kspringer at innovateteam.com
Wed Aug 28 17:38:35 CEST 2019

Hi all.  I've got numerous hosts with the 'dialup' setting configured in
my hosts.cfg file.  I was under the impression that this setting was for
hosts that routinely go online/offline.  But it's totally turning off
all alerts for those hosts even if they have the xymonclient installed
and functioning.  Is this expected behavior?  I don't want to disable
all alerts for those hosts.  I just don't care if they go purple.  What
should I be doing instead of using the 'dialup' setting?

Kris Springer