[Xymon] Xymon 4.3.29 Released - Important Security Update

Dirk Kastens dirk.kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Mon Aug 5 17:07:12 CEST 2019

Hi Japeth,

Am 05.08.2019 um 16:52 schrieb Japheth Cleaver:
> For HTTP authentication, this is simple basic auth and not
> certificate-based or anything else?

Correct. My netrc file looks like this:

machine xymon.server login xymonuser password secret

Now, authentication only works if I use the url, like

https://xymonuser:secret@xymon.server

> For history file checking, can you verify that hosts with dashes in the
> name show this symptom while those with just alphanumerics (and periods)
> don't? I believe this may actually be the bug cause here.

All of our hosts have dashes in their names, because our domainname
contains a dash (uni-osnabrueck.de). I just found a host without a dash,
and there the history page really works :-)

--
Viele Gruesse,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470