[Xymon] How to debug "SSL error" on https test(s)?

Brodie, Kent brodie at mcw.edu
Wed Apr 24 19:20:27 CEST 2019

Hey everyone-

So a recent web server I have configured is causing Xymon to get an "SSL Error".    Even with DEBUG enabled in xymonnet, I don't see anything useful.

All I see is,

32183 2019-04-23 15:14:54.869387 Calc http color host morn.rgd.mcw.edu : 32183 2019-04-23 15:14:54.869389 https://scge.mcw.edu/(red) 32183 2019-04-23 15:14:54.869391  --> red
32183 2019-04-23 15:14:54.869393 Adding to combo msg: status+30 morn,rgd,mcw,edu.http red Tue Apr 23 15:14:52 2019: SSL error

In other words, even with debug enabled, all I see is "SSL error".    When I connect to the site with any browser, there are no SSL or certificate issues.   In fact, I have dozens of apache web sites all with certs.   But this one is causing me fits and I don't know why.

ANY help getting "more" debug info would be super appreciated!

Thanks all --Kent