[Xymon] IPv6 debugging on xymon 4.4 (was Re: Roadmap/GitHub?/IPv6)

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Apr 17 22:30:25 CEST 2019

On 4/17/2019 6:24 AM, Christian Herzog wrote:
> for reference, I compiled xymon-4.3.99-20130812.tar.gz from
> https://www.xymon.com/misc/ (the source I had been testing with 6 years ago)
> and lo and behold, IPv6 only hosts work fine!
>
> I have no idea what the difference between this old tgz and current trunk is,
> but at least in terms of IPv6 there seems to be a regression.
>
> HTH,
> -Christian

Thanks. That tarball does indeed use xymonnet2 rather than the existing
one, which does help clear that up a bit.

Do you think you might be able to test a snapshot of
https://sourceforge.net/p/xymon/code/HEAD/tarball?path=/trunk ? That
would help isolate issues against the latest in that tree.

And for either of these releases, it might be helpful to test xymonnet2
as a poller speaking to a 4.x copy of xymond. In theory, they should be
compatible enough to interoperate.

-jc