SNMP Traps - We are converting to Xymon from BB

Jason Hildreth - NOAA Federal jason.hildreth at noaa.gov
Tue Sep 11 17:30:34 CEST 2018

Question is more related to Big Brother in our interim before we move to
Xymon....

If anyone can help (since BB has been dead for a while) it would be
appreciated.

We have SNMP traps setup to be received in our Big Brother environment but
instead of sending the trap back to itself for processing it is sending the
data to the IP of the other Big Brother (now Xymon) system.  We want to
keep the SNMP traps on the Big Brother system until we put the xymon system
in place completely.  Does anyone know why it is sending to a different IP
than the IP of the system the SNMP trap was received on...and where that is
set in order to make this stop...

Thanks

--

Jason Hildreth

Middleware, Programming, Systems Administrator

Infrastructure and Web Services Branch

NCEP Central Operations