[Xymon] file noexists doesn't work

Galen Johnson solitaryr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 02:37:13 CEST 2018

Hey,

Having a hell of a time with this.  I need to alert when a file exists.
According to the manpage I should be able to use the "noexist" test.
However, this doesn't appear to work.  I've tried several combinations and
cases,  Has anyone actually gotten this to work?

In my client_local.cfg. I have a stanza similar to:

[odamid00-prod-us]
file:`ls /pbr/biconfig/940/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer*/heaps/*.hprof`

and in analysis,cfig I have:

HOST=%(odamid0).*
       FILE %/pbr/biconfig/940/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer*/heaps/*.hprof red
noexist

I've tried using upper case and reversing the order but I cannot get it to
turn red when the file exists.  It does, however, give me a green dot and
show that it sees the file so I'm confident it's at least partly working.
NB: I'm using the latest Terabithia RPM.

=G=

PS: the man page and the analysis.cfg file disagree on the order of [color]
and [things to check] from other experience, the man page is what is
correct.  I think someone may have previously pointed this out.