[Xymon] Can the ps client notify when windows updates are available.

me at tdiehl.org me at tdiehl.org
Tue Nov 27 16:22:34 CET 2018

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has a way to monitor a windows server using the
powershell client so that it will notify xymon when a machine needs to have
windows updates installed and or rebooted?

I currently have xymon triggering a yellow uptime dot if the machine(s) are
up more than 30 days but I am looking for something more accurate.

Is there some kind of external script available?

If this does not exist, does anyone know how to detect that updates
are needed or the machine needs a reboot. My Google foo seems to lacking
in this area.

Tom			me at tdiehl.org