[Xymon] Disk Space Requirements

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Fri Nov 16 08:06:58 CET 2018

On 14/11/18 14:56, Brad Rodgers wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> I am attempting to spin up my first Xymon server and would like advice
> on system requirements, primarily disk space required but CPU count and
> RAM would also be greatly be appreciated.  Looking at initially
> monitoring 20 hosts and would like some room to grow.  Most likely will
> be running Xymon on FreeBSD.
I have around 50 xymon instances running.

The required space depends mainly on how many changes you have.
We have some major issues with devmon so we have a lot of changes
between clear and green. Each change is saved to a file and that can use
a lot of space. If you are not interested in the details of all these
changes, they can be safely removed.

We also have added extra arrays and extra data points to our rrds so
they hold more data. That also also uses extra space but not that much.

Stef