[Xymon] Xymon not showing up hosts in the html web page

Gregoire, William William.Gregoire at ca.ebarrette.com
Mon Nov 12 19:37:39 CET 2018

For the instalation i dont know the difference between package and compiling it. But i just downloade dit from sourceforge, extracted the zip file, and i ran the ‘’./configure’’ command, after that i did ‘’sudo make’’ , then ‘sudo make install’’.

Here is my host.cfg from /etc/xymon/hosts.cfg

#
# Master configuration file for Xymon
#
# This file defines several things:
#
# 1) By adding hosts to this file, you define hosts that are monitored by Xymon
# 2) By adding "page", "subpage", "group" definitions, you define the layout
#    of the Xymon webpages, and how hosts are divided among the various webpages
#    that Xymon generates.
# 3) Several other definitions can be done for each host, see the hosts.cfg(5)
#    man-page.
#
# You need to define at least the Xymon server itself here.

#0.0.0.0        .default.       # NOPROPRED:+apt,+libs

#group Servers
127.0.0.1       chas-mon01      # bbd http://chas-mon01/

#group Dialup
#0.0.0.0        notebook.bla.net # noconn dialup

#chapais
include ./cha/hosts.cfg

In case you want to see the other file, here it is, for the /usr/lib/xymon/server/etc/hosts.cfg

#
# Master configuration file for Xymon
#
# This file defines several things:
#
# 1) By adding hosts to this file, you define hosts that are monitored by Xymon
# 2) By adding "page", "subpage", "group" definitions, you define the layout
#    of the Xymon webpages, and how hosts are divided among the various webpages
#    that Xymon generates.
# 3) Several other definitions can be done for each host, see the hosts.cfg(5)
#    man-page.
#
# You need to define at least the Xymon server itself here.

127.0.0.1   chas-mon01      # bbd http://chas-mon01/

include /etc/xymon/hosts.cfg

I did a reboot of the server, and now for some reason, the xymon is showing my server twice on the monitoring ? You can see the attached file.