[Xymon] [External] Re: PSclient sending from intranet

Beck, Zak zak.beck at accenture.com
Thu Nov 8 10:25:42 CET 2018

Hi Kris

Yes, I have it working. As you say, the URL needs to include the full path to xymoncgimsg.cgi.

All xymoncgimsg.cgi does as far as I can tell is relay the message(s) received over HTTPS via TCP to localhost port 1984 (which is what the man page says as well). So you need that listening (which by default it will be).

I don’t recall making any other config changes to make this work (aside from Apache etc to sort out the authentication).

I suspect the time out is waiting for the response – when you submit data to Xymon, you normally get the client local config back from the server. This comes back via the HTTPS response. There is a timeout setting – sorry I forgot to document it in the table in the Word doc – serverHttpTimeoutMs – which defaults to 100000 milliseconds – i.e. 100 seconds. This is the time it waits for the response from the server. 100 seconds is pretty generous unless you’re traversing particularly slow VPNs or saturated connections. You can override this in the xymonclient_config.xml file.

I’m assuming you’re getting this message:

    "  Connecting to $($url), body length $($body.Length), timeout $($script:XymonSettings.serverHttpTimeoutMs)ms"

And then this one (with a timeout exception):

        "  Exception connecting to $($url):`n$($_)"

And not either of these:

        "  FAILED, HTTP response code: $($response.StatusCode) ($statusCode)"
or
        "  Received $($output.Length) bytes from server"

Zak